Location Map & directions
Jimbaran Bay is located in south Bali on the western coast, only 15 mins drive south of Bali’s Ngurah Rai International Airport. The 4km long white sand beach stretches from the airport around to the “Bukit”, the area famous for the Uluwatu Temple and world class surf breaks. The beach is not only one of Bali’s best and safest, but also, thanks to the calmer waters in the bay, still the daily scene of a working fishing village, with colourful Jukungs (Outrigger boats) lining the sandy shores.
The Sea Shanty is located down the southern end of Jimbaran Beach, situated between Le Meridien and Four Seasons Hotels. The beach is only 100 metres from the villa and home to the famous Jimbaran Seafood Restaurants that come alive with tables and candles in the sand each evening.
The Sea Shanty
Jalan Bukit Permai, Gg SMP Taman Sastra
Ubung, Jimbaran, Kuta Selatan, Badung
Bali – Indonesia 80364
Directions from the airport
- Driving out of the airport, turn right at the large 4-way round-about, which will lead you heading south along Jalan Bypass Ngurah Rai. (Look for the signs to Jimbaran / Nusa Dua).
- At the first set of traffic lights, there is shopping centre on the left called “Benoa Square” and a homewares shop on the right called “Warisan”. Turn right at this intersection onto Jalan Toyaning (not signposted).
- When you get to the end of the road (after 250m) turn left onto Jalan Uluwatu Kedonganan Kuta.
- Drive south along Jalan Uluwatu for approximately 2km where you will see the Intercontinental Hotel on your right.
- Continue for another 500m and look out for “Jimbaran Corner” on your right, where you will see a cluster of signs pointing to several places including Hotel Kupu Kupu Jimbaran, Le Meridien Hotel, Four Seasons and Grocer & Grind.
- Turn right here at Jimbaran Corner, down Jalan Bukit Permai. Drive slowly (mind the rather aggressive speed humps). After 200m you will pass Le Meridien Hotel driveway entrance on your right. Keep driving past this (slowly).
- After about 80m you will see the ocean in front of you and a sign on the left for “TK Darma Kusuma” which is a pre school. Take this left down a lane called Taman Sastra. Drive 100m past the preschool on your left and look out on your left for a driveway with big wooden doors.
- These wooden doors are the front entrance to The Sea Shanty.